2015 "Afterschool Awards”
Vote and Get a Chance to Win A Gift Card Drawing
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT'S CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Many will enter, few (only 10 entrants) will win.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: "Afterschool Awards" Vote and Get a Chance to Win A Gift Card Drawing (the “Contest”) entry period is 12:00 a.m. CDT on July 4, 2015 through 11:59 p.m. CDT on August 10, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). The www.AfterschoolAwards.com Website will not be accessible for entries after 11:59 p.m. on August 10, 2015. The computer of F & T Apparel, LLC is the official time and record keeping device of the Contest.
3. TO ENTER CONTEST: Visitors to the AfterschoolAwards.com website who complete their vote in selection of a winner in the categories of science, music & arts, sports and community service will automatically become registered as an entrant (an “Entrant”) in the Contest. Only one voting selection and entry per entrant is allowed for each day in the Contest period.
There are two ways to enter:
Enter Online. Enter online at www.AfterschoolAwards.com during the Contest Period. To enter online, visit www.AfterschoolAwards.com and complete the voting for finalists in each category of the 2015 Afterschool Awards. A valid email address is required to validate your vote and your entry. This email address will be used only for identification only for the purpose of voting, Contest entry and communicating Contest information to the Contest winners. After the Contest is complete, all email information will be destroyed. No information will be sold, used for sales or marketing or any other purpose not related to the administration of the Contest.
Enter by Mail. You may also mail via prepaid United States Postal Service one vote per envelope per day no larger than 9” x 12” to: “Afterschool Awards”, 7111 W. Indian School Road, Dept.125, Phoenix, AZ 85033. Mail entries must contain: 1) one vote in each category based upon the finalists listed at the AftereschoolAwards.com website,; and 2) typed or written legibly in ink the name of the entrant(you), legal address, telephone number.
All entries must be registered online or postmarked no later than 11:59 PM August 10, 2015 (mail entries to be received by August 18, 2015). Entries cannot be assigned or transferred to a third party. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, or misdirected entries. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Chances of winning are based on the number of individual entries received.
4. PRIZES: There will be ten (10) Prize winners. The winners each will be awarded a one hundred dollar ($100.00) JCPenney gift card. The total ARV (actual retail value) of the prizes is $ 1,000.00.
5. SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: The winners will be chosen at random from all eligible Entrants. Winners will be announced on or before August 28, 2015. The judge's decisions are final on all matters. The Prize winner or legal representative will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, Government Picture ID, and Publicity Release prior to award of prizes.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open only to legal United States residents residing within the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia throughout the Contest Period. Void where prohibited by law, in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, and U.S. military installations located in a foreign country. To be eligible to win a prize, winners must be at least eighteen (18) year old. Employees, officers, directors and agents of
J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc., Phillips-Van Heusen, Inc., and F & T Apparel, LLC and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and the advertising, promotional or judging agencies or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, “Sponsor and its Administrators”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing)and household members of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Groups, clubs or organizations may not submit entries on behalf of the group, club or organization. Limit one prize per Entrant.
7. GENERAL: No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. Mail received without a verifiable and legible return address will not be accepted at Sponsor's sole discretion. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Prize winner will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes; if applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the prize retail value and may be required to provide a Social Security number. All entrants through their legal representative, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges that shall be final and binding.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor and its administrators for technical problems or technical malfunctions arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the www.AfterschoolAwards.com site (“Website”): hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online, communication, or electronic problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers or hosts; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; courier or postal service delays or failure to deliver; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, viruses, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an Account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and its administrators are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website, including without limitation, the number of entries received in any particular Account, or any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, or use of or download of any information from the Website. Use of Website is at user's own risk. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties; check your local laws for any restrictions regarding these limitations or restrictions. ALL WINNERS, ON BEHALF OF THEMSELVES, THEIR EXECUTORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS, BY ENTRY OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE, AGREE TO RELEASE SPONSOR AND ITS ADMINISTRATORS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS
OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO AND/OR FROM ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR OTHERWISE.
9. MODIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, postpone, delay, suspend and/or terminate this Contest in whole or in part in the event that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Official Rules by reason of any of the technical or other disabling causes as described in
Rule 8 or other causes that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, impair, corrupt or interrupt the administration, fairness, security or integrity or proper play of the Contest, including without limitation hurricane, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, force majeure, terrorist threat or activity or insurrection. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion: (a) postpone and/or reschedule and/or modify the Contest, or (b) cancel the Contest in its entirety. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor shall award the Contest Prizes (or a prize of substantially similar value), through a process deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, and Sponsor shall have no further liability to any participant in connection with the Contest. If due to printing, production, mechanical or other error in the production of official registration forms, more prizes than the number of prizes listed are made available and/or claimed, then Sponsor may suspend prize awards for such prize category(s) and award any remaining unclaimed prizes up to the total set forth in a random drawing from among all eligible prize claimants for such prize(s) as determined by Sponsor. In no event will
Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: All participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and its Administrators whose decisions in all aspects of this Contest shall be final and binding. This Contest is governed by laws of the United
States and all entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of Los Angeles County, California for resolution of all claims and disputes. The Sponsor and its Administrators may, at their sole discretion, disqualify an entrant, Contest Winner, or Designee from participating in any aspect of Contest if Sponsor and its Administrators deem or suspect that such person has engaged in or has attempted to engage in any of the following: (a) acting in violation of these Official Rules or the terms and conditions of the Website; or (b) damaging, tampering with or corrupting the operation of the Contest; or (c) acting with intent to annoy, harass or abuse any other person; or (d) use of any automated bot, script or other robotic, mechanical, programmed or automated devices to submit data to the
Website; or (e) repeated attempts to submit multiple entries, as determined by Sponsor; or (f) any unsportsmanlike, inappropriate, uncooperative, disruptive, fraudulent, potentially fraudulent, or unusual behavior or activity; or (g) activity deemed in the sole discretion of Sponsor and its Administrators to be generally inconsistent with the intended operation of the Contest and/or conduct of the Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR CORRUPT ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS ADMINISTRATORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
11. PUBLICITY CONSENT: Contest Winners and Designees must grant to Sponsor and its Administrators the unconditional and irrevocable right, without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time throughout the world, the following: (a) their name, geographic location, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and statement for advertising, publicity, trade and public relations purposes, to the extent permitted by law; and (b) any film, tape recording or other reproduction of their appearance and participation in connection with the Contest for broadcast purposes. Contest Winner and/or Designee participating in Contest will be required to confirm such consent in writing by executing appropriate releases required by Sponsor and its Administrators, including without limitation, the Prize Documents described and any additional releases regarding eligibility, liability and publicity.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of major prize winners, send a written request before September 30, 2015 to: “Afterschool Awards” Vote and Get a Chance to Win A Gift Card Drawing
Winners List, 7111 W Indian School Road, Dept.125, Phoenix, Arizona 85033.
13. PRIVACY: For all entrants, an e-mail will be sent to verify the e-mail address provided upon the entrant's voting. Information collected about entrants will only be kept for the amount time necessary to achieve the purpose it was collected for in the operation of the Contest. Information may solely be retained confidentially in order to defend any claim of error or malfeasance in the operation of the Contest. Information about the entrants will not be sold, bartered, or exchanged nor used to sell or contact the entrants other than for the purposes of operating or promoting the Contest.
14. SPONSOR: F & T Apparel, LLC, 350 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10118 is the sole Contest sponsor. Registered trademarks and logos used in conjunction with this promotion are the property of their respective owners. No responsibility or liability for this Contest is expected of or assumed by J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc., PVH Corp. and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, and agents.